01 January 2007

Happy 2007

Things are starting to look up a bit at work. Even though more than 50 people lost their jobs last week, there are still another 110 or so with jobs. The plan is to slowly "ramp down" as new projects come in, so that there won't be a need for layoffs.

Of course, that only works if the people can/will take the jobs we're offering. So far, they've been making such good money that it's difficult for them to change projects knowing they're in for a huge pay cut.

But at least we're trying.

Last week wasn't as bad as the week before, and this week seems to be better than last week... which is a Good Thing. I think I'd have been in for a serious nervous breakdown if they'd have continued as they were.

This past weekend, I went "home" for Shabbat. It's one of my adopted families in Arad... where I know I'm always welcome. I hadn't been in almost three months, so it was definitely a needed trip.

In general, life's treating me relatively fairly. I'm getting what I need, if not always what I want (or thought I wanted). Thanks, G-d. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for inviting me. I am looking forward to go again, this time with a different mindset... and really looking forward for the WJUS (?) service.... the highlight of the trip! And the awesome view, and the shabbat meal, the Scottish guy and his family (cant remember his name)... well... everything! Thanks... and the shwarma at the mall... hehehehe
Benja

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home