15 November 2006

Post-spider...

Because I know ya'll were wondering...

It took me something like three hours and a long IM conversation to muster up the courage to deal with that monster. (I know, it's still one of G-d's creatures... but as I said yesterday... when G-d's creatures are that big, they belong in the wild.)

I finally moved the box and stuff away, and tried to figure out what I could photograph next to the spider in order to make sure it was relatively universally understood how I really believed that thing could have killed me.

So for my work buddies (although I guess it's out in the open now where I work... ), I put it next to my ID badge. And for everyone else on the planet, I put it next to an American dollar I had.

Then it was a huge debate as to what to do with it...

The friend I was IMing with kept trying to convince me I should just flush it down the toilet. I kept saying that it might clog up the toilet... or it might not really be 100000% dead, and it might come back up and bite me... whatever.

(In his defense, it was before he saw pictures...)

Then, when I tried to just use a box flap and a stick to get it into a box, I realized the thing was squishy... and I couldn't handle it.

So I finally took one of my co-worker's advice: I put a piece of paper (towel) on it, and then used something to nudge it into the box. That way, I didn't have to look at it.

And amazingly, it went in peacefully.

I folded the box flaps and held the box at arm's length and took it to the dumpster.

Bleeeeeeeeeccchhhhh!

Then it was time for bed... so... I didn't turn the heater on in my room ('cause it was near the heater yesterday). I also left my bed lamp on for the first half of the night. Because I knew I was going to have to get up to potty in the middle of the night, and I wasn't going to be able to do that in the dark.

When I did get up, I had had one bad spider dream... not horrible, so that's good.

When I went back to sleep, I turned the light off... and then had only one more bad bug dream.

I think that's pretty good, considering.

6 Comments:

Blogger benjamin1974© said...

Well, dont blame you...
My roommates snores like a saw while cutting a piece of wood... NOT KIDDING, so the first night I wasnt sure what was the noise cause I woke up in the middle of the night thinking I had a bad dream, then realize once awake that the noise was in the room... it scared me really bad... until i learnt my roommate was making the noise SNORING.... He has the most weird snore EVER... THATS SCARY TOO.........

11:47 AM  
Blogger benjamin1974© said...

*correction: roommate (one only B"H)

11:48 AM  
Blogger M said...

I had a roommate with a scary snore, too... sometimes I even had to wear earplugs... let me know -- I can bring you some back with me ;)

(Although, now that I think about it... you need to just move!)

2:56 PM  
Blogger benjamin1974© said...

I really NEED to move... I need to find an apartment SOON, or even better..... NOW

2:50 AM  
Blogger benjamin1974© said...

Why we should be blame for a giant spider? :D
As far as I know I don't relate with them at all... neither I sent the "dinosour" spider to go to M place... :)

2:39 AM  
Blogger M said...

I dunno, Benjamin... I don't think Sarr was blaming ya'll for the existence of the GIANT spider. Or even for the fact that it was in my apartment, about three feet from my bed.

I think she was saying that it's men's fault that *I* had to take care of it. 'Cause with me being a girl and all, I should be allowed to just squeal and run away and send a boy to take care of it.

So Sarr, thanks for the idea. Next time, I'm gonna call Benja and ask him to come take care of it ;)

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home