15 October 2006

It's been a long time... it's been a long, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time...

In more ways than one.

Of course, you could be looking at the date since my last post and thinking "yeah, it HAS been a long time."

But that's totally not what I'm referring to.

I'm referring to being a sports fan, even when the teams stink, and then that amazing feeling you get when your team makes it into the playoffs.

Then, I'm referring to being a sports fan whose team is IN the playoffs, but you're 6,000 miles away from home and get to celebrate alone. Without even a television.

A year and a half ago, when the Pistons went all the way to Game 7 of the World Championship, at least I was in a place where I had people to talk sports with... and once in a while, someone would even get up in the middle of the night to watch a game with me.

Now, though... I have only one guy at work who's not even from Detroit to talk about the amazing Tigers with.

But it still makes me happy that FINALLY, after oh-so-long, our Tigers are going all the way.

One of my favorite pre-aliyah memories is from going to C omerica Park with my Mom, Dad, and sibling. If I remember right, we got our butts kicked that day... but it was a family day, and it was fun.

I think I went to three or four Tigers games before I left, including hanging out outside the fence of Comerica Park to watch a few innings for free here and there.

Maybe I'll be able to find someone to glom onto to watch at least one game with... but if not, at least I can recall the feeling of live Tigers baseball and imagine all the other folks out there having a great time watching the games.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, cuz. Did you ever get anybody to watch/listen to the series with?

2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home