27 September 2006

Losing English phrases

I was in a pretty important meeting today. I'll spare you the details of my ongoing work sagas, but the short version is that I met with our newest COO-type person about a bad sitch I'd found myself in.

During the meeting, I was trying to explain to him that I don't mess around when it comes to saying what I think. I don't want to hurt people's feelings, but I don't have a problem most of the time saying what's on my mind.

In my head, I was trying to think of that phrase that has to do with bushes. I was thinking, "bushes... bushes... walking... pushing... something bushes..." So what finally came out of my mouth?

"I don't mess around. I don't like walking around bushes."

I guess he figured out what I meant.

1 Comments:

Blogger 2R said...

with all the israelis in your office, it's no wonder :)

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home