17 August 2006

Post-war babble

I think I've been pretty good so far at keeping up with this blog. I did miss a week, but I made up for it in volume on both sides of that week.

I keep thinking, however, that even now that Lebanon II is over, that's all I talk about. It's true that it definitely still dominates our news, which I check about a gagillion times a day on the Web... and that we still have lots of friends and relatives in the army up there.

But there's good now, too...

E's smiling again. It took weeks, but I saw an honest-to-G-d smile on his face yesterday, and my mood got so much better, so fast that I can't even describe it.

My friend whose brother has been taking refuge in Jerusalem is taking his family home to Ma'alot this weekend, and the rest of the family's going up there for Shabbat.

As ticked off as I am about the way things are going right now, I am definitely pro-no depressing war. I'm afraid we're going back to war any day now, or, even worse, in another five years after they've gotten even bigger and better weapons, but at the moment, I can function again. I like that.

So, thank G-d, some things are starting to be better.

2 Comments:

Blogger 2R said...

I'm happy to report the Maalotians were all overjoyed to be home among their fellow Maalotians. Shabbat was filled with stories, laughter, and a reunion Seudat Shilishit.

12:11 AM  
Blogger M said...

Hey, I just saw this. I'm glad the Shabbat was great :)

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home