20 October 2009

Happy birthday to me!

I still haven't gotten the hang of being depressed because I'm another year older... I see it happen in other people, and I get it, but I have to say yet again -- my life gets better every single year I am alive.

Sure, there's stuff I'd like to do, and I wonder if I'll have the opportunity in this lifetime to do it... but whether I do or not, it doesn't change the fact that my life is freakin' awesome.

And this year, I have an amazing, awesome, terrific husband with whom to share my birthday.

And this year, I finally catch up with the age I was born... as Mom says I came out of the womb a 38-year-old midget, and I'm finally, finally 38. Of course, in many ways I'm much younger now than I was when I was born... so maybe I'm regressing. Whatever.

Here's a wedding picture for you hungry people :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Joyce Bayer said...

Not being bothered by your age is something passed on from mother to daughter. Grandma Mac always said that she was proud of every wrinkle and gray hair, that she had earned each one of them.

I hadn't thought about the 38 year old midget comments until reading your reference. You passed up Grandma Bayer nine years ago, now you have indeed caught up with yourself. Now you get to make your own path (like you haven't been doing that all of your life).

1:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home