21 March 2008

I love Alan Dershowitz

http://www.together4israel.org/index.html

The whole thing is about an hour and 40 minutes, but Dershowitz is one of the first speakers.

FYI, in under three months, more than 1000 rockets have already been fired from Gaza. So much for "disengagement."

I had a crappy run this morning, but I should have known better than to think I could run the morning after a fast day.

But my "crappy" run was nothing... NOTHING, NOTHING like having to live every second of your life waiting for the next siren telling you that you have 15 seconds... 15 SECONDS! to run for your life.

Do you understand what I'm saying here?

Stop. Take a look at your watch. Count out 15 seconds.

In fact, go outside... THEN take a look at your watch. Run. Run like your butt is on fire. Run like if you don't, you're going to die. And see how far YOU can get in 15 seconds.

Now imagine doing that while you're on your way to work. Imagine children doing it on the way home from school. Imagine the elderly doing it on the way home from the supermarket.

And try to figure out why on earth the world, my own Israeli government included, is letting this happen.

It doesn't even matter if you're left wing or right wing. If you believe any civilian has the right to live in his or her sovereign country in relative peace, you have to have sympathy for the people who run from rockets almost every day.

So no matter how crappy my run was, I could keep going by thinking about the people in Sderot.


http://runforsderot.connectionsisrael.com/Maureen.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home